Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with designing voltmeter with 89C52 and ADC0808

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldeses

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
proteus suite 89s52

Hi, i am designing a voltmeter with 89C52 and a ADC 0808 with LCD display.my design is working on PROTEUS but not on protoboard.i attached the desing.any advice?

89C52 desing problem

coldeses,

there would be a bigger chance that somebody would look at your design and help you if you'd publish schematics in a format viewable by those who don't have your particular design suite, i.e. as gif or similar.

You might also want to show a picture of your particular "incarnation" of the circuit.

JW

PS. In international environment, it is also a good practice to use english comments and symbols...

Re: 89C52 desing problem

dear friend,

i think i have the solution for ur your problem.
i have simmulated it with ISIS and found one problem with your ckt.

solution: --> please check the datasheet of 0808 adc . you are missing something at the " clock" pin.
OR u can simply use the 0804 adc no need to use multichanell adc for this simple application.

hope this helps you.

89C52 desing problem

hi! you don't have a gnd on capacitors in cristal!

Re: 89C52 desing problem

Dear
the first problem i've seen is the lack of reset resistor which should connect to the ground.and please find the propper combination of the resistor/capacitor for reset ckt
grounding at the crystal capacitors is the second one
please check for the pulses at the 0808. for single input you can use 0805 with a resistor capacitor you can provide the oscillation pulses for the adc

the isis does not required the reset ckt,crystal vcc to the 8051 which all will be connected by the software.and mind that simulation is far away from the actual hardware.

ml

Status
Not open for further replies.