Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with barcode scanner connected with Y junction to keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

zirtapoz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have a barcode scanner connected with Y junction to keyboard. i wish to make this Y junction to 3 meters but when i connected barcode reader and keyboard with lenghtened cable to PC PS/2 port, just barcode reader is working and keyboard doesnt. when i looked to the signal at the oscilloscope i see the low of the signal is above 1 volt. So any suggestion??

Barcode and keyboard

compare that signal with and without the extension cable - if 3 meters is dropping it too much - I would say its cheap cables/connectors.
The Y splitter is also possibly bad quality.

Poor cable *and* connector quality can cause this small length 'loss'. But possibly the barcode scanner is doing something evil? try the keyboard extension without the barcode reader and without y splitter - does it work then?
If not, its definitly the extension - buy a new extension, but if it does work, it could be the combined losses of cables and connectors. Then, I am not sure what you can do other than buy all new cable & Y splitter.. maybe an amplifying buffer for a PC keyboard is possible..?? but I do not find any with google so far.

Re: Barcode and keyboard

i had already tried to use barcode reader and keyboard seperately. they r working fine one by one...:( the problem is barcode reader is making 0's aproximately 1.5 volts of the keyboard when using them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back