Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with allocating memory space of SATA RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.

hariharan4000

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

I am installing HP AiO 1200 Storage device for my application. Ie .. I store all my dats and medias in an external storage device. The size of the storage device is 3TB , ie..12 HDD, out of which 2 is already used for OS in RAID 1 arch. one is left for Hot swap. and the using 9 i have created an array in RAID -5 mode.

Now i need to create a sharde folder where i will store all my data. I need to allocate a size for this shared folder. Logically Iwas expecting around remaining 1.8TB. But , the range was limited to a maximum of 230GB. ie I was not able to allocate more that that since the system did'nt sense more allocable space or the HDD.

From the BIOS set up I see, the Embedded SATA RAID is disabled. Is this relevent.
The OS used is Windows- server-2003.

Any one could help me ???

Hari

Status
Not open for further replies.