Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem using anritsu Vectored network analyser (VNA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alumno95

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everybody

i'm performing RF measurement using an Anritsu site master MS2038C and i'm having some problems due to calibration
i precise this informations :
- Kal kits and device has been recently bought (about 6 months), so they have been checked
- i use SOLT calibration, for reflexion measurements

after doing the calibration and testing the short and open cal tee on the RF port i notice that there is such a phase offset from (6° to 15° ) !!!! which is not correct (phase supposed to be 180°)
i tried the automatic port extention configuration but i don't think it can be a good solution since i don't put any additionnal connexion

please find attached some of my measurement that may help you understand my trouble

Thank you in advance
200meg-span100_open.jpg
200meg-span100_short.jpg

Hi,

Eventhough the absolute value is not 0 or 180 degrees, the difference is 171-(-8) ~=179. THis observation has been made by me also in Agilent PNA network analyzer. May be it is difficult to design an absolute broadband short or open. That's why this difference may be comin.g

Hi,

Eventhough the absolute value is not 0 or 180 degrees, the difference is 171-(-8) ~=179. THis observation has been made by me also in Agilent PNA network analyzer. May be it is difficult to design an absolute broadband short or open. That's why this difference may be comin.g

I found a software on Anritsu webiste
and it suggests to edit the calkit coefficients (C0, C1, C2, C3) which are available on the cal Tee datasheet
but i don't know how to feed them the VNA, have you got more informations about that ??

thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back