Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem regarding FT232RL IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolkill

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,

I m doin a hobby project using FT232RL IC in which i m replacing the RS232 signals to USB of my comp port.

Using the RS232 to USB converter cable my project worked well, but when i wanted to do the cable interface by my own as specified in the FTDI cable data sheet i get an error " USB device not recognized".

Everything is fine and schematic is OK by FTDI.

I m not able to get the IC VID and PID it shows 0000.

Using USBVIEW software given by FTDi i get Device enumeration fail and 0's in all other places..

The voltage levels a re working fine the LED's glow and 3.3V out is got....

What else can i do to get the device recognized pls do help me its getting too hectic from one month......

Make sure the RESET pin is not held low. Your schematic indicates that it is floating which the datasheet says is OK. However, you may want to attach a 10K pullup and verify the voltage level.

According to the datasheet, they have a MPROG utility that can write the internal EEPROM. You may want to trying running that and see if you can reprogram the VID back to the default. Perhaps earlier testing has scrambled your EEPROM settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back