Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem, Please help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassan1980

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Two years ago, I built an inverter from DC to AC 12 to 220 using 12 * 2N3055 and I used 4047 for the Oscilator then,

Now I want to use Mosfet transistors instead of 2N3055 which they are IRFZ44 with the oscilator 4047 then when I connect the + of the 4047 circuit the two mosfet transistors are explode, would you please let me know what's the problem?

I am waiting your helpfull replies

please post your circuit..... because i believe there is a problem due to the current drive.... if you post the circuit then it would be easy to find the problem....

A.Anand Srinivasan said:
please post your circuit..... because i believe there is a problem due to the current drive.... if you post the circuit then it would be easy to find the problem....

This is the circuit diagram :

the opamp is sourcing and sinking current and this is what damages the MOSFETs.... I think using BJT is a better idea... maybe you can use a cap between your MOSFETs gate and ground but that would slow your circuit very badly....

A.Anand Srinivasan said:
the opamp is sourcing and sinking current and this is what damages the MOSFETs.... I think using BJT is a better idea... maybe you can use a cap between your MOSFETs gate and ground but that would slow your circuit very badly....

Dearfriend, I want to use mosfet transistors do you have a schematic for the osciolator and the driver.

bias the MOSFETs so that the biasing circuit takes care of the current flow....

u can use lm3524 as oscillater and dont forget to adjust the dead time
which will adjust by putting a preset on pin no. 9 of 3524

Hi.

I am busy with the same project and also using the IRFZ44. Lucky when searching I got to this... Please let me know if you have a circuit that can drive the mosfet without problems. How many mosfets do you have in parallel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back