Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem on putting a wire in two different mediums in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

oahsen

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I create a cylinder(copper wire) in hfss. Then I create another cylinder which is a vacuum medium. Then I create a big box that represents mine outer medium. Then I put the wire to the vacuum medium. And there is no problem. However, when some portion of the wire is outside the vacuum medium then it gives an error something like "cylinder 8 and cylinder 7 are instersect" (cylinder 8 is wire, and cylinder 7 is vacuum". How can I solve this problem? I tried to create another wire for the part of wire that should stay outside the vacuum medium, however, after I united those two parts the same problem occured again.

Re: problem on putting a wire in two different mediums in hf

There are a number of solutions possible. Subtract the wire (clone it first) from the other objects and the problem should go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back