Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem on digital multimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogu Reginald

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, there is a project I am doing and it requires encorporating a module of digital multimeter to measure and display electrical quantities at some points. Normally the digital multimeter has been provided with a battery head so that it can be powered by a battery, but I want to remove the battery head and power the multimeter from the power supply of the circuit. Do you think it will work?

Hello Ogu Reginald,

you can use power supplies, but you have to take care how you want to measure.

Voltages you want to measure between ground an one point, you can connect together to one power supply. If you want to measure across a devive without ground, you need a supply for every meter.

For measuring current across a shunt, you must use also one supply for every meter. It must be isolated to other meters.

regards

Rainer

My question is, can the multimeter be powered by the power supply of the circuit it is measuring.

Problem the reading got will not be accurate so this method cannot be used satisfactorily friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back