Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem on calculating the ouput power of an inverter power system

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOCHI

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have finished building a system for conversion of DC to AC (INVERTER) power system but am having difficulties in calculating the output power..... Do i need to use P=IV?. If yes, how do i calculate the resistance of the copper wire of gauge (16 awg or 1.29mm) and hence calculate the current. I used a ratio of 1:1.5 in winding the transformer and hence the primary (gauge 16 or 1.29mm) was 18turns(12v) while the secondary (gauge 22 or 0.65mm) was 330turns (220v). I used 6 mosfets (3205).......Or is their any other way of calculating it? pls i need an urgent help. i .....

Last edited:

you can calculat by formula
P = V*I OR P = I^2*R.
Or explain your problem a bit more.

Didn't you calculate the transformer before winding it? and which method did you use for the switching?

i calculated it.....i used a ratio of 1 is to 1.5......i wound 330turns to get 220v.......for the switching, i used 3205(mosfet).....pls can u help me?

Not the ratio,the size of you copper wire to be used,current,power,flux density etc ...

Status
Not open for further replies.