Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in using USB ASP with ATMega 16 and 32-16PU

Status
Not open for further replies.

budimanc

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Problem in USB ASP

Hi, I have made a usb asp programmer in https://www.fischl.de/usbasp/ with the schematic is made by J.A. de Groot (usbasp_gr.rar).
I have programmed the ATMega8 for the usb downloader and i found it working well and i have tested in my target board using ATMega8535-16PU.
But when i tried using ATMega16-16PU and ATMEga32-16PU, i got some problem.
I could not programmed that chip, but its working on ATMega8535.
Could you please give some help?
For addition, i have tried that ATMega16 and ATMega32 working using another programmer that my friend bought using PX-4000

Re: Problem in USB ASP

The USB asp is built and used world wide without any problems. May be some connections are swapped while you connect the said devices. Also you may consider to re-load the firmware which will allow you to use USBASP to program AVR's as well 89Sxx chips too. Refer the below link for more info and discussion on the matter...Cheers

but the target board i used is the same, i just change the chip in the target board.
can you please help me.
And i used the firmware usbasp.2009-02-28.tar.gz
Thx a lot for your help

budimanc said:
but the target board i used is the same, i just change the chip in the target board.
Thaz what i referd to. Cross check the pins you are connecting. the said firmware is absolutely fine and working..
Cheers

but the pin between atmega8535 and atmega16 is the same. So the connection must be the same.

budimanc said:
but the pin between atmega8535 and atmega16 is the same. So the connection must be the same.
Yes. I had refered in case you are using In circuit programming. In this case the target boards will be different. But if you are using the same ZIF socket or the base for programming both chip, usually it shud work. I coudnt figure out whats more...You may get better replies on this..Cheers

Problem in USB ASP

what error did you get while programming mega16?

Nandhu

Status
Not open for further replies.