Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem in photodiode preamplifier design....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PARTHIBAN31288

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends..

Actually we are using LMV794 Op-Amp in our design.By using this we designed one preamplifier, current to voltage converter.
while checking our circuit we had the problem in receiving the signal.what happened was,

with out emitter signal it shows the square wave signal, as i show in the image1 at the output.
when the signal comes it raises from that square wave signal only. not from zero to 3.3 or 1.65V to 3.3 (because i am using biasing for non-inverting input)
this is the problem. why this square wave comes..? what is the problem in our circuit.
and also i'm using 100n capacitor in front of the amplifier. whether it affect the speed of the amplifier..?

Attachments

• O65 Problem.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 47

I cannot see your circuit but it sounds like the amplifier is unstable. Show your circuit.

Keith

Thanks for your reply..

here i attached my circuit.

Attachments

• Amplifier.pdf
    12 KB · Views: 79

oh OK OK .. for AC coupling photo diode application we need to give biasing to the photo diode and Non-inverting terminal of an op-amp or only the photo diode..?
and also the unbiased photo diode method was wrong..?
because while design the amplifier, i got lot of circuits in similar with the link you send .... that is no bias for photo diode and no bias for op-amp.... so only....

The LMV794 datasheet shows a typical arrangement, also on their overview page: **broken link removed**

The Vb point would be a negative voltage to reverse bias the photodiode. That tends to be the way to get the fastest response. You could AC couple but you would still want to reverse bias the photodiode. First though, you need to fix your oscillations so look at decoupling.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back