Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem in metamaterial simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachin kalraiya

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i simulate a SRR unit cell in HFSS but when I change the height of the radiation box ,result have change so what should be the height of the box .Please help me ,it is very urgent.

when I change the height of the radiation box ,result have change
I guess, you made a mistake in Setting up the boundary conditions.
what should be the height of the box
I used half a wavelength above and below the SRR/Substrate.
it is very urgent
How can that be urgent, it has been published extensively in the past 6-8 years.
Search the edaboard for fss and check the entries 2005 to 2007. I'm pretty sure, we discussed this topic by that time.

There are numerous *spurious* modes which exist on the fast-wave side of the light-line, whose frequencies scale with the height of the box/boundaries.

If you are sure you have the correct mode, then cd79 is correct that you've most likely made a setup error.

In addition to everything that's been mentioned, you should be using Floquet ports to excite the unit cell. After that, it's simply a matter of solving for the appropriate number of modes. This will be displayed in the modes calculator, and will vary based upon frequency, unit cell size, and scan angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back