Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem in metal fill with ICV

omar97

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all,
i am using technology TSMC 65nm and i reach to final stages, now i am trying to add metal fill to avoid min density violations.
i am using ICV (ic validator) to do this on ICC2 using command (signoff_create_metal_fill).
here is a problem, when i run this command it takes time to finish and when finishing i don't see anything changes (no metal fill added in design).
i opened icv.log file related to metal fill, i see that it adds a metal fillers but i don't see anything.
i decide to run drc check using icv, still i have the same min density violations.
i decide to write gds and see layout in Klayout tool, nothing added in gds.
finally, i run icv standalone, it generates gds by new filling and when i merge it with original gds, the violations disapperes.
can anyone help me, i want to add fillers in design in icc2 and debug errors in gui of icv in design in ICC2.
thanks alot.

Since you mentioned that ICV is adding metal fillers according to the log file, but you're not seeing any changes in the design, there might be an issue with how ICV is interacting with ICC2. Check for any error messages or warnings in the ICV log file that might indicate why the changes aren't being reflected in ICC2.

Since you mentioned that ICV is adding metal fillers according to the log file, but you're not seeing any changes in the design, there might be an issue with how ICV is interacting with ICC2. Check for any error messages or warnings in the ICV log file that might indicate why the changes aren't being reflected in ICC2.
hello sir,
that is only two warning massages on icv.log

WARNING: Unable to find the script 'rsh'.
WARNING: Unable to find program "rsh". Using "ssh" instead.

and i think that is no relations with these two massages with adding metal fill.
because in icv standalone these two warning messages appered and metal is filled.
thanks for your attention.

rsh and ssh are about remote login, definitely not related to fill issues.

i use this options and everything is ok.
signoff_create_metal_fill -track_fill generic -select_layers M2 -fill_all_tracks true -report_density on

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back