Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] problem in enabling watchdog timer using pic18f4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishekdixit

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hiiii
I have made a application using pic18f4550, i am using MPLAB X IDE,a and pic c 18 compiler, now problem is that after some time my device goes in hang state, now i want if this hanging situation occurs, my device will restart, after study in internet, i found that by using watch dog timer, this thing can be possible, but i don't know how to enable watch dog time in pic18f4550, so anybody help me to solve this problem, if anyone has any link or material from which i can see some example of watch dog timer, so please help me..

Thank You

In mplabc18 folder see the help file for devices configurations. open help for PIC18F4550 and see how to set the configuration. This applies only if you are setting config words in code. If you are setting it in IDE then this is not needed.

Edit: See this file in docs folder. hlpPIC18ConfigSet.chm

See config settings for PIC18F4550 in the above file. It is same as I mentioned in my previous post.

ok thanx jayanth, but after doing this, my device will perform restart operation? when it will go in hang position or i hav to do moe things in my code?

Hello..
I have done this configuration in my code, I have enabled watchdog timer. Now how should I start watch dog timer and how should I calculate time for restart the device, again stop the watch dog timer. Please help me..

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.