[SOLVED] Problem in default arithmetic for ' i ' variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly!!!

And I try in XC8 and MPLAB, and is the same result!!!

The question is: How did he build the program???

hehehe...

Hi guys,

I dunno how to place my zip file at here.. But i need to tell something that i using MPLAB in Hi-Tech language.The Coding above is successful build in a hex file and it can blinking !!! Weird ...

Regards,
YY

This is my zip file

Attachments

• Test.7z
    32.6 KB · Views: 71

For me it gave error, undefined identifier. I am using Hi Tech PICC 9.83 with MPLAB IDE 8.92.

Attachments

• hitech.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

That's what we were talking about!!!

My versions is MPLAB 8.89 and HI-TECH C Compiler for PIC10/12/16 MCUs (PRO Mode) V9.83

How he managed to generate the hex???

Maybe he is kidding. He compiled the code with i defined as char or int and then removed the declaration line and then took a screenshot. :lol:

Here is my print screen.Why my MPlab with Hi Tech ANSI C Compiler can success?

Now i see the problem!!!

Using old version of mplab (like screenshot) 8.5 and HI-TECH C Compiler for PIC10/12/16 MCUs (Lite Mode) V9.70 its is possible!!!

Trying to compile, first click on build, we receive the message:

"Error [192] C:\Temp\MCU\Microchip\PIC16F628A\Blink\main.c; 11.6 undefined identifier "i""

If click again, "********** Build successful! **********"

This occurs because file generated .P1 .

I believe this is why.

Using a new version, its break in error message!!!

Last edited:

Hi nagkiller,

You're correct.It will failed at the first time,but will success when rebuild again. What actually is the .P1. ? i want go to study on it.

Regards,
YY:grin:

interesting so this is compiler bug and i also know about what is .P1. ?

P1 is a file generated by compiler... your code is a (p-code) precompiled translated before creating hex file.

Ex: if you project name is test and the source code is main.c, the compiler generate main.pre and main.p1... if the code is ok, he generate the rest:

test.as, test.cof, test.hex, test.hxl, test.lst, test.map, test.obj, test.rlf, test.sdb, test.sym, funclist, startup.as, startup.lst, startup.obj, startup.rlf...

In the manual, may have something about it, or as said before, this is a bug!!

Last edited:
Reactions: WhyWhy

WhyWhy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.