Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in Cadence IC610 license configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

techeda

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have installed cadence IC610 on Ubuntu 8.10, I used the steps given in Cadence IC610 - PiemonteWireless
My license file is,

SERVER computer ANY 27000

DAEMON cdslmd !!!Path_to_cdslmd.exe

FEATURE 100 cdslmd 1000.0000 permanent uncounted 5D66950377524F5A8349 HOSTID=ANY \

SIGN2=5D66950377524F5A8349

FEATURE 111 cdslmd 1000.0000 permanent uncounted 5D9685D36F5050568451 HOSTID=ANY \

SIGN2=5D9685D36F5050568451

.................................so on

However, whenever I open schematic editors (L,XL,GXL) I have such error:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*WARNING* (icLic-3) Could not get license Virtuoso_Schematic_Editor_L
(deLicense-5) Could not get the license for Schematics. Open aborted.

I have my .bashrc as,
#!/bin/bash

CDS_ROOT=/Cadence/IC610
CDS_INST_DIR=/Cadence/IC610
CDS_INSTALL_DIR=/Cadence/IC610/tools/dfII
export CDS_LIC_FILE=$CDS_ROOT/share/license/license.dat
export LM_LICENSE_FILE=$CDS_ROOT/share/license/license.dat
export PATH=$CDS_ROOT/tools/bin:$CDS_INSTALL_DIR/bin:$CDS_ROOT/tools/spectre/bin:$PATH
export CDS_Netlisting_Mode=Analog

Please help me Thanks in advance.

Hello techeda,
First, in the license file, where it says : "DAEMON cdslmd !!!Path_to_cdslmd.exe", you must delete "!!!Path_to_cdslmd.exe" and write there the path to the cdslmd executable in order to correctly start the server. Otherwise I doubt you will be able to start it. Also replace "computer" in the first line of the license file, "SERVER computer ANY 27000", with the name of your computer. You can get it in the linux environment with command : uname -a . Take the first word or however you named your computer when you installed the linux disto and write it in the license file. Then check if the server is starting correctly. Do not modify anything else in the license file, just these 2 things ;) (everything else is fixed to work :D ).
Secondly, the .bashrc file is incorrect ( in my opinion ). If you are using bash then do the following:
-define a function to start the cadence environment, like so:
cadence () {
here you put the lines that you already have
}

I am not sure if it's necessary, but try it. where I wrote "cadence" in the name of the function you can put any word you like, just remember it when you're trying to start cadence.

Try these and if it still doesn't work let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Good luck,
Kondor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back