Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in ADS software - relatively coarse parallelism

Status
Not open for further replies.

raed_microwave

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Problem in ADS software

Hi guys,

I have a Problem in the ADS softawre, the Problem is that when I simulate by Momentem for the Layout of my Design, there is warning that geometry contains lines that are with in 2.29 degrees of parallel, they will be treated as parallel because the Layout resolution is relatively coarse.
please if anyone can solve this problem please inform me.

thanks in advance

Re: Problem in ADS software

I have ever met the same problem.when running mesh,complex geometry is hard to be accurate mesh,so you have to set the mesh resolution.or modify the geometry.For example,circle to bend.
hope it can help you

Problem in ADS software

This is not a problem but warning. You can ignore it. This warning comes when ever it fails to create the mesh for geometric lines with almost parallel but not.

kspalla said:
This is not a problem but warning. You can ignore it. This warning comes when ever it fails to create the mesh for geometric lines with almost parallel but not.

my design is three way uneven wilkinson Power Divider and I have desgined with frequency 2.14 GHz and the Problem is that when I simulate the design from schematic, the results are very good and the frequency is not shifted but when I simulate from Layout by Momentum, the results are not the same and the frequency is shifted to 2.2 GHz. in the same time this warning comes, then I thought that the results are changed because this warning and before that I have checked my design 10 times with schematic and I have used a tool in Layout called (check Design) also to check the connection between the microstrip lines.

I hope u can help me to solve this problem
thanks

Problem in ADS software

There will be a drift from schematic to layout in general.
This drift is minimal if circuit is small and line designs.
Drift will be more when the design is loop / filter kind. Because schematic will not consider coupling due to adjecent transmission lines. In your case there are 3 lines (in 3way pd). schematic will not consider the coupling between the extrean sides let say between 1 and 3 but momentum.
Believe that momentum is good and what you observed is correct.
Now your next step is to optimize the circuit in momentum.
s is

kspalla said:
Drift will be more when the design is loop / filter kind. Because schematic will not consider coupling due to adjecent transmission lines. In your case there are 3 lines (in 3way pd). schematic will not consider the coupling between the extrean sides let say between 1 and 3 but momentum.
s is

Thank u so much for your help, but tell me , How can I optimize my circuit from Layout by momentum, please inform me as soon as possible
my regards

Added after 1 hours 41 minutes:

kspalla said:
s is

I did not find optimization tool with momentum, I'm using ADS 2008 and there is not optimization with momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back