Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem in ADS momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcalvin

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a antenna and want to add a matched load 50ohm at the end of the antenna.

How can I add a load to the antenna in layout page. I could not find such button.

Can anyone show me?

Thank you!!!!

222.png

I want to add a matching load not a port~~~~

I want to add a matching load not a port

Please understand that the port impedance is the match.

You can leave it as a port (load impedance = port impedance) or externally connect other impedances using the s-parameters.
Some EM tools can insert "components", but internally they do exactly this: place a port and then connect component S-parameters at the port.

I added a 50ohm resistor at the end of the meander line antenna in layout of ADS momentum and simulated it.
however, It did not work. The result was same as before(without a resistor), I checked it 3D view, the resister did not show in 3D view.
What is the problem?
Thank you!

111.png

Of course, it does not work.

1. It makes no sense to place an ideal ground symbol in the EM model. If you want to create a ground connection in EM, you must draw a ground connection (metal /via).
2. As you can see, there is no resistor in the EM model. The resitor is an circuit model. To draw a resistor for EM, define a resitive metal sheet (manually or using TFR schematic element).
3. Ask youself: What is the ground that you want to connect the resitor to? Can current flow in the EM model through the resistor path that you have modelled?

Last edited:

I have to design a 900Mhz meander line antenna(background is ground). I want to eliminate the ripple beside 900Mhz pole. I want to add a matching load at the end of the antenna(top) to eliminate the ripple.

Could to tell me what steps should I do?

Many thanks!

design of antenna
111.png
simulation result S11
222.png

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back