Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem - How do I place an antenna (components+port) near a voxel-Data-head? CST MW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haim Levy

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

I was Building an antenna with optimization for 1GHz and now I'm trying to calculate the SAR on a Human/Voxel model.
I have a Human model, But when I import it into my project it placed away from the antenna.
I tried to use the "transform" method on my components (antenna and ports), but it ruined all of my optimizations (S-parameters and VSWR).

for example:
on coordinates of (0,0,0) I get S1,1 of -11dB in 1GHz (and VSWR of 1.5 => perfect).
and on coordinates of (110,-70,830) with rotation of (315,90,0) = near the head, I get S1,1 of -4.5dB in 0.89GHz (bad).
picture

Why is it changing the S-Parameters?
Is there any other way to move it (with rotation)?

This problem bugs me a lot in the past 2 weeks.
Please help me :|
-Haim.

Hi Haim,
did you try using the alignment method ?

Thank you for your reply.
Nope, can you refer me to a guide or a manual?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your reply.
Nope, can you refer me to a guide or a manual?

have you tried using CST Help ?

Select shape and choose "Align…"
Select face to align with
Choose angle

OK,
I tried to do something, but how can I replace the port too?

Thanks.

The port can't be moved ? Can you recreate the discrete port ?

Well,
I cannot align the components and the ports together.
I can only align one at a time.
By using the transform method, I know the exact angel of the rotation, in align mode I don't know this (and I need the port in a precise position).

Is there any way of aligning the voxel data model? (I cannot find any)

I just talk with some people.
By moving the antenna I might harm the antenna polarization?
If is this true, how can I fix it? (What is my reference? local WCS?)

Thanks.

Dear sir,

i designed at 2.4 Ghz.i follow all formulas. but it is not efficiently working.
please help me.

Attachments

• MPA_coax_PKG2.rar
    41 KB · Views: 114

Dear sir,

i designed at 2.4 Ghz.i follow all formulas. but it is not efficiently working.
please help me.
Dude, your question is not really connected to my topic.
However..
<I cannot open your file>
The formulas are not enough, you should optimize your antenna (changing the physical parameters).

And back to the original topic:
A little update about my situation,
I understand what was my problem
It caused by the rotating of the antenna by 45° degree.
The difference of 45° between the Mesh and the antenna apparently caused a problem with the polarization.
How do I rotate the Mesh by 45° ?

Hi Haim,
I'm not very sure of the problem that your facing but did you try to use the orientation of mesh plane ( x/y/z plane ) in the mesh section ?

I searched and didn't find any,
Where should I look?

If you look at the top of the CST interface, there is a section called "Mesh" in between the objects and solve.
If you click on it, you will see 3 types of of orientation which is x plane, y plane and z plane. However I have not tried using this before.

I would like to ask that when you import the voxel data into your project, the antenna is also imported through the .sat file right ?

no,
Its her's project.

UPDATE:
It doesn't matter, importing SAT file doesnt import the port.

If you look at the top of the CST interface, there is a area known as "Mesh" in between the things and fix.
If you simply just click it, you will see 3 kinds of of alignment which is x aircraft, y aircraft and z aircraft. However I have not tried using this before.

I would like to ask that when you transfer the voxel information into your venture, the aerial is also brought in through the .sat information file right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back