Problem - How do I place an antenna (components+port) near a voxel-Data-head? CST MW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haim Levy

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

I was Building an antenna with optimization for 1GHz and now I'm trying to calculate the SAR on a Human/Voxel model.
I have a Human model, But when I import it into my project it placed away from the antenna.
I tried to use the "transform" method on my components (antenna and ports), but it ruined all of my optimizations (S-parameters and VSWR).

for example:
on coordinates of (0,0,0) I get S1,1 of -11dB in 1GHz (and VSWR of 1.5 => perfect).
and on coordinates of (110,-70,830) with rotation of (315,90,0) = near the head, I get S1,1 of -4.5dB in 0.89GHz (bad).
picture

Why is it changing the S-Parameters?
Is there any other way to move it (with rotation)?

This problem bugs me a lot in the past 2 weeks.
Please help me :|
-Haim.

Hi Haim,
did you try using the alignment method ?

Thank you for your reply.
Nope, can you refer me to a guide or a manual?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your reply.
Nope, can you refer me to a guide or a manual?

have you tried using CST Help ?

Select shape and choose "Align…"
Select face to align with
Choose angle

OK,
I tried to do something, but how can I replace the port too?

Thanks.

The port can't be moved ? Can you recreate the discrete port ?

Well,
I cannot align the components and the ports together.
I can only align one at a time.
By using the transform method, I know the exact angel of the rotation, in align mode I don't know this (and I need the port in a precise position).

Is there any way of aligning the voxel data model? (I cannot find any)

I just talk with some people.
By moving the antenna I might harm the antenna polarization?
If is this true, how can I fix it? (What is my reference? local WCS?)

Thanks.

Dear sir,

i designed at 2.4 Ghz.i follow all formulas. but it is not efficiently working.
please help me.

Attachments

• MPA_coax_PKG2.rar
    41 KB · Views: 116

Dear sir,

i designed at 2.4 Ghz.i follow all formulas. but it is not efficiently working.
please help me.
Dude, your question is not really connected to my topic.
However..
<I cannot open your file>
The formulas are not enough, you should optimize your antenna (changing the physical parameters).

And back to the original topic:
A little update about my situation,
I understand what was my problem
It caused by the rotating of the antenna by 45° degree.
The difference of 45° between the Mesh and the antenna apparently caused a problem with the polarization.
How do I rotate the Mesh by 45° ?

Hi Haim,
I'm not very sure of the problem that your facing but did you try to use the orientation of mesh plane ( x/y/z plane ) in the mesh section ?

I searched and didn't find any,
Where should I look?

If you look at the top of the CST interface, there is a section called "Mesh" in between the objects and solve.
If you click on it, you will see 3 types of of orientation which is x plane, y plane and z plane. However I have not tried using this before.

I would like to ask that when you import the voxel data into your project, the antenna is also imported through the .sat file right ?

no,
Its her's project.

UPDATE:
It doesn't matter, importing SAT file doesnt import the port.

If you look at the top of the CST interface, there is a area known as "Mesh" in between the things and fix.
If you simply just click it, you will see 3 kinds of of alignment which is x aircraft, y aircraft and z aircraft. However I have not tried using this before.

I would like to ask that when you transfer the voxel information into your venture, the aerial is also brought in through the .sat information file right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…