Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Primetime or DC in writing SDF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisari

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I noticed important timing modifications in writing the SDF file with DC and with Primetime. Which of them gets the best (and right) timing results good for a simulation? (i am using the 2000.11 DC&PT version and TSMC0.25 libs)

The engine in PrimeTime produces more accurate result, personal comments.

PrimeTime can get more accurate result than DC.
Timing analysis in DC is only for referent.

Most of the companies accepted PrimeTime to be a tapeout tool for timing check. If both DC and PT are available, I pick PT to generate SDF.

DC's STA engine called "design-time", it's not good from long time ago.

Synopsys wishes to replace design-time with the engine of PT, they used to announce the 2003.06 release will using PT's engine, but seems not.... It's not fair for customer to pay a lot of money to buy DC with a cropping timing engine.

Some ic design company start adopting the STA tool from Incentia, it's performance is much better than PT. My company also buys the logic synthesis from Incentia, the timing results from synthesis tool is 100% consistent with STA.

of course PT, it is a presto standard in EDA to do STA. we use PT to tapeout several chips.

hi, ttspice
what's incentia? can u do some explaination in detail?
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back