Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Preparing Layout for QFN Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

raed_microwave

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Recently I have bought Hittite switch (HMC547LP3) and it is in QFN package and I know from data sheet that there some pins for ground connection and there is exposed ground paddle in the center of package. I'd like to know , is it possible to connect the pins for grounding to the exposed ground paddle in the layout or I have to put a ground for each pin ?, Actually this is first time for me to draw like this layout, therefore I need your help to draw the grounds in the layout of this package.
I have attached the outline drawing of switch.

Thanks in advance

raed_microwave said:
Hi

Recently I have bought Hittite switch (HMC547LP3) and it is in QFN package and I know from data sheet that there some pins for ground connection and there is exposed ground paddle in the center of package. I'd like to know , is it possible to connect the pins for grounding to the exposed ground paddle in the layout or I have to put a ground for each pin ?, Actually this is first time for me to draw like this layout, therefore I need your help to draw the grounds in the layout of this package.
I have attached the outline drawing of switch.

Thanks in advance

Yes it is ok to only have one ground shorting the QFN pins and the paddle. The reason for that is to connect the ground pad on the middle or heat pad to the largest copper area on the board which is the ground so that the heat will scatter and dissipate quickly. hope this helps.

do you want to know how you can do it?

Hi Zula
I do not understand you.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back