Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Preheat time of LPG gas sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphonsjp

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all..
I would like to know what exactly the preheat time means.. In MQ-2 sensors it is said that the preheat time required is 24 hours.. Does this means it is to be heated for 24 hours before the sensor is used for the first time? Or everytime before it detects the leakage it has to be heated for 24 hours? how it happens?? Or if i plug in the detector continuosly will this can be solved. Please reply fast.. Itz urgent..

The specification primarly says that the other parameters listed in the datasheet have been measured after 24h preheating. Secondly it says that the sensor may show initial sensitivity and zero drift and should be continuously powered for best stability.

But it doesn't specify the drift amount or the response during the first 24 h. I suggest to make your own observations. According to other vendors application notes, SnO2 sensors mostly stabilize within several minutes. Review e.g. Figarosensor.com

Thank you so much sir for your reply..:)
The specification primarly says that the other parameters listed in the datasheet have been measured after 24h preheating. Secondly it says that the sensor may show initial sensitivity and zero drift and should be continuously powered for best stability.

But it doesn't specify the drift amount or the response during the first 24 h. I suggest to make your own observations. According to other vendors application notes, SnO2 sensors mostly stabilize within several minutes. Review e.g. Figarosensor.com

Status
Not open for further replies.