Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Predistortion Filter Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadikaram

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I try to do the Predistortion LC Low pass chebyshev filter design. While searching regarding this, I found the the thesis.

( Page no: 27 to 43 ) From those derivation ( at page no: 35) , I can't understand some steps.

Step 1: How they find K value?
Step2: How they find
1665640516274.png
value

I would like to Thanks if someone explain that derivation.

1665640394062.png

0.3759 is close to 0.3679 = the reciprocal of e (well-known mathematical constant 2.71828).

And...
e appears in the formula for capacitor discharge over time (even though it's a formula not usually seen). So perhaps 1/e is somewhere in the math of this filter topology which contains capacitors and inductors.

And it wouldn't be surprising if the text has a few typos.

Okay. May I know how they find A(lamda)?

1665732624445.png

Seeing the formula contains \[\lambda\] to powers from 1 to 5...
My guess is it has to do with the filter being 5th order, using coefficients calculated to produce Chebyshev behavior.

Seeing the formula contains λ to powers from 1 to 5...
My guess is it has to do with the filter being 5th order, using coefficients calculated to produce Chebyshev behavior.

is constant value defined by our-self based on Q value of Inductor/Capacitor. Also, they mentioned λ = S-d = S-0.1 (they assume Q=10 and d = 1/Q)
My Actual doubt is how this formula works

1665973578503.png

to get get A (λ)

1665973609744.png

Or If you guys have any other notes for predistortion Filter design will be more helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.