Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Practical guides for designing coupled line filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet1

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Coupled Line Filters

Hello,

I am looking for practical guides to designing coupled line filters, in say ADS. Nothing theoretical, just practical - so far i have pozar, and also i looked in www.circuitsage.com.

Anyone done any work in this area ? Microstrip of course, if you can help with books, links, projects, papers or whatever let me know.

Thanks!

Coupled Line Filters

In @DS, you can use its design guide, it will do everything for you. you just input the specification.

Re: Coupled Line Filters

Filter Design Guide ?

i saw the design guide but i wanted things more practical than that.

if that is possible of course.

also, i wanted something of a tutorial, and not have the software just do it for me. i wanted to learn how it all worked.

Coupled Line Filters

it is a good book. The general book on fileter is the one published by IEE,

BTW what you mean by "i wanted things more practical than that" the design guide give you the PCB in Momentum. You can port that stucture to Microwave studio too. That how can I verify the design, 3-D full wave analysis.

i was hoping someone had a school project or someone who derived everything, with a lot of examples.

that is what i meant.

thanks for the book

Coupled Line Filters

I want to know how to simulate the relation between coupled line and their width. or you can give me some graph,th!

Hi Puppet1,
I was designed a BandPass filter in the 1-4GHz frequency range and Optimized it with ADS and IE3D. Its schematics and simulation results attached. If you have any questions please tell me.

Regards
KMPA

Hi Puppet1
please find the attached file, that is ADS project files of BandPass Filter.

Regards
KMPA

Hi,

in a.d.s. you have so-called passive smart components. You can chose preferable topology and order and the program will do the microstrip synthesis of the fileter you want to build. It is very straight forward to use and you don't have to know much about filters, just decide which type of filter you want - parallel coupled lines, shunt stub etc. There is a limited choice but it will do the job. You have this kind of tool as well in Ansoft Designer and Microwave Office. The schematic just comes with basic lines so you have to add discontinuities (steps, tees) yourself. Depending on a frequency it is advisable to run EM simulation (Momentum, EM sight, Ensemble) to fine-tune the performance.

Hope this will be a useful guideline.

flyhigh

ADS has a comprehensive n exhaustive help files which r really helpful. theres nothing known as learing fast. to learn ads u have to devote time n effort n it pays off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back