Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PPP set up problem over GSM/GPRS modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandmikkili

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to set up PPP connection over GSM/GPRS modems. The modems are perfectly working (tested on minicom). The modems are able to RING on either sides but when one of the modem calls the other, it is not replying to it with CONNECT and gives an error message after few moments , gets terminating the call.
ERROR: script /usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/gsm-connect finished (pid=****), status=0*6
connect script failed

I have created different files under folder ppp in etc, as gsm-start, gsm-options, gsm-connect and gsm-disconnect ; which are needed for PPP setup. Provided CHAP and PAP files are alredy there in that folder for authentication.When the different options which are given in option file was running which needs to negotiate with chat script, it was failed.
I believe that the options given using AT-Hayes commands were fine in the option file for the gsm connection.
Can any body suggest me to make this connection

Thanks and regards,

Anand Mikkili

Status
Not open for further replies.