Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Powerpcb to Cadence conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodokus

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
convert powerpcb .job files

I like to convert a pcb design made with powerpcb_v5.01 to Cadence_v15.
I tried padsimport from cadence but that does'nt support pads5. I also tried rsi camcad pcbtranslator, it could read the powerpcb data and convert it to a cadence script but this script was not understood by cadence.
Any suggestions?

cadence to powerpcb conversion

Very often it is necessary to save the job in an older version of your host program in order to import it somewhere else. Your Pads 5 license should support older versions back to version 2. Try exporting your ascii file in an older version of Pads and try importing that into Cadence. You also need to make sure that the database units are set properly when saving the ascii. The old Masstech router, for example, only imported a pads ascii file if it was saved using "database units". Pads 4 was fussy when importing dxf files. Check the docx.

powerpcb convert cadence

FROM PADS VERSION3.0 , EXPORT ASCII WITH ALL THE ITEMS SELECTED. IN CADENCE IMPORT-->PADS,GIVE THAT ASCII FILE & INI FILE(WHICH CONTAINS LAYER MAPPING DETAILS)

cadence to pads conversion

I think it is unnecessary.you can export to spectra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back