Status
Not open for further replies.

HDD

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does a k/b need to initialized or something when its plugged in? This is what I have...

+5V Power (**broken link removed**)

----> +5V connected to PIN4 / GRND connected to PIN3 of male PS2 (https://www.networktechinc.com/ps2-prots.html) connector... then PS2 hardware key logger connected (https://www.keelog.com/diy.html) ... then keyboard.... but pressing any buttons doesnt work... how do i know its getting power and actually turning on? Shouldt it work in theory....?

Im trying to make the keylogger store data without a computer... so that i can retrieve it later... almost like a notepad... cept im walking around with a keyboard and no computer a batter at the end and a keylogger between the battery and the keyboard...

Anyways... if someone could shed some light on how I can provide power to the keyboard and the logger WITHOUT having a computer.. would be great...

Thanks!

Usually PS/2 keyboards do not require any initialization ..
On power on (5V) the NumLock, CapsLock and ScrollLock LEDs should blink twice and keyboard is ready ..
When you press a button it should output clock pulses on the CLOCK pin and relevant data on the DATA pin ..
That's it ..

One stupid question: this logger is based on the 89C2051 microcontroller .. Have you programmed it?

Regards,
IanP

PS/2 keyboard and older PC/XT keyboards requires initialization after power on. See the last para of **broken link removed**

Summary: Bus States
Data = high, Clock = high: Idle state.
Data = high, Clock = low: Communication Inhibited.
Data = low, Clock = high: Host Request-to-Send

I need to get it to IDLE STATE... if you go here **broken link removed** and scroll down it shows a diagram... i just cant figure out how to do this... any help appreciated.. plz!

"Figure 1: General open-collector interface. Data and Clock are read on the microcontroller's pins A and B, respectively. Both lines are normally held at +5V, but can be pulled to ground by asserting logic "1" on C and D. As a result, Data equals D, inverted, and Clock equals C, inverted."

nikhilele said:
Source code for Reading an AT-PC Keyboard
h**p://www.mcselec.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=57

that looks kewl... thanks... now how do I build a device to make use of this ?

Hardware configuration is one the same site there is a link in the starting of code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…