Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Powering a 16V Buzzer with 24V Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

daneloctober

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ok, so I need to power a 16V max Buzzer [datasheet: https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/252/MSR516NPR-24363.pdf]

Now, I have to work with a 24 V source. I know I could use a divider, but I think the resistors I would be needing have to be either a lot of small ones (1/4W) or a few BIG (>1W) ones. What would you recommend?...

And I'm having trouble modelling the buzzer in a simulator. In the datasheet, it says that it can draw a maximum of 12mA at 16V (I just assumed...), so is it ok to just model the whole buzzer as a resistor (16V/12mA = 1.3k) in series with a 12mA current source? If not, then what should it be?...

Ok, so I need to power a 16V max Buzzer [datasheet: https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/252/MSR516NPR-24363.pdf]

Now, I have to work with a 24 V source. I know I could use a divider, but I think the resistors I would be needing have to be either a lot of small ones (1/4W) or a few BIG (>1W) ones. What would you recommend?...

And I'm having trouble modelling the buzzer in a simulator. In the datasheet, it says that it can draw a maximum of 12mA at 16V (I just assumed...), so is it ok to just model the whole buzzer as a resistor (16V/12mA = 1.3k) in series with a 12mA current source? If not, then what should it be?...

Have you considered a Zener diode, [24-16]=8.2V in rough mathematics ..

:wink:
IanP

Your buzzer may be the kind which draws pulses of current, on-again-off-again.

In any case you might as well model it as a 1.3k resistor.

Here are screenshots showing how you would drop the 24v supply to 16v, using a resistor or a zener (per post #2).

8763540900_1361770133.png

Since the load current is small, you can use low wattage components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back