Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PowerDown/Idle mode in AT89C4051 ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

microT

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ...

I m using the AT 89C4051 controller for my application and am facing a problem with PowerDown and Idle mode.

In a sample program that i have written for testing these modes .... what i have noticed is that the program goes to PowerDown and Idle mode by setting proper bits in the PCON register, however, after it is brought back to the normal mode (using hardware reset for PowerDown and hardware reset/software interrupt for Idle mode), the program starts executing from the very beginning .... and thisis not what i was expecting.

As per the manual, the program should have started executing from the statement next to the statement of changing to powerdown/Idle modes.

Pls help ...

Regards
MicroT

Dear sir,

If you exit from the PD/Idle mode by hardware reset, it is obvious that the program will start over. but if you exit using interrupt, the program wll continue from next instruction (after PD/Idle mode).
please attach your code if your problem still exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.