Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] power transfer. of switchin regulator .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaustubh.joshi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I am tryig to design the power supply using switching regulators. I have 12V/ 1A power supply. I want its o/p to be 4V/2A. I have referred the datasheet for implementing the circuit. Switching regulator IC is LM2596. I tested the circuit with 4ohms of resistance at the output(i.e. 1A load). As per the specification I should be able to draw a current of 3A with constant output voltage. But when i connect the load to my regulator, voltage drops to 0.26V. What does this mean? Is my regulator unable to provide the required current or my power supply is not capable of delivering the current? I am confused please help................

I have used the same circuit as depicted in datasheet.
component values are :
R2=2kohm, L=33uH,Cout=330uF,Cff=33nF,Cin470uF

My i/p is 12V/1A power supply.

Problem is solved. There was problem with the feedback circuit on my board itself

Status
Not open for further replies.