Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power supply project help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rattizzle

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i don't know if this is right and im having trouble on what to do next
here's the "PCB" link :p
obrazki.elektroda.pl/95_1284366837.jpg

can you help me on what switch to use to use only 2 probes and put LED as indicator (one each) and if the values that i use here are correct. :???:
thanks!:grin:

output: +/-5, +/-12 2% tolerance

I see a few issues.
Firstly the pin connections on the negative regulators looks incorrect, check the datasheets, the pinout for the positive and negative versions are different.
The other thing is that you have the ground pin of the regulator going to ground through a 5k resistor, that seems a very high value, I suspect the regs will not like that, usually the ground pin goes direct to ground.
I'm not sure what you mean by what switch to use, a standard double pole switch on the input would work fine, connect the ground direct to the transformer.
You could use leds to prove there are outputs for each supply, you need a current limit resistor for each one, 470 ohm for the =+ and - 5 volts, and 1 k ohm for the + and - 12 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back