Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power supply problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Can you please tell me which is the current sensing resistor.

Hi satish,
The resistor which is connected in series between the emitter of series pass transistor and the output terminal it will be a very low ohm resistor HI wattage. If your ps is imec make it willbe .1 ohms.
regards ani

Can you please tell me which is the current sensing resistor.
Sorry, I don't understand your circuit diagrams. It looks like there are parts missing and connections not shown.

Anyway, there's a 2n3055 transistor in the second circuit. That may be the output transistor. If so, you could look for a low value resistor connected to it, or near it. The value is probably something like one Ohm or lower

- - - Updated - - -

it will be a very low ohm resistor HI wattage.
If the maximum current is only one amp, then it may also be a low-power resistor.

Hi godfreyl ,
wattage normaly near 10w
regards ani

Good. It should be easy to find then.

Hi everyone,

yes one resistor is shorted.
i think, just i have to replace this component.
thanks for your kind feedback , thank you all.

Hi everyone,

Hi satish,
resistor never goes short it goes open only
regards ani

Hi,

the problem is not yet solved.
i am not able to get what may be the problem.

Hi tpetar,
the circuit is in post #10.

I finally success to open circuit from post#10 there is some problem with thise images.

This images are in small resolution, small text cant be readed clearly.

This circuit is not finished, its very important to give circuit what you try. Troubleshooting can be done only for scenario where problem exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everyone,

That resistor probably have small resistance for measuring current as shunt. Because small resistance lets say 0,1R your ohmeter says that is very small resistance or shorted. :wink:

Hi tpetar,

I have just updated first image.

my problem is

when i switch on the power supply voltage varies exactly what we want but the current is initially loading to 0.9A without connecting any load and a i can also vary(up-to 0A) the current but this should not vary.

Hi,

the problem is not yet solved.
i am not able to get what may be the problem.
Hi satish,
problem is not solved i know. You did not measure as i told in post no#16, I am thinking it is a metering problem first let us make it clear
regards ani

Status
Not open for further replies.