Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power supply 0-30V 0-10A

Status
Not open for further replies.

jopapadogr

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

After i searched all the forum for power supply schematics and no founding them (dead links), i decided to send this post.
I'm looking for a power supply bench able to give 0-30V 0-10A output with current limmiting capability

Thanking in advance

I have a 220V / 30V 10A + 15V/0,2A AC transformer

Try using the OPA55X range from Texas Instruments, they have ICs with very simple voltage and current regulation implementations.

Most practical way is to change the AC voltage into DC (Full wave rectifier with or wmithout stepping down), then design a buck converter to take the votlage down to 30V. It is a common power electronics circuit. You have to choose FET switches/heatsink to handle so much of current. Current limiting should not be a big deal if you will be able to realize this circuit. Open any power electronic text book for circuit reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.