Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power spliters at FM 88-108 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

t25

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
power divider 88-108

I have one project to design Power Spliter ( divider) at FM. I can design divider as Wilkinson with high frequency. At low frequency, I use R,L,C. It given good result (show below Figure ). However I wonder about it.
1> I simulated(ADS) without define Substrate. Like this when schematic with Substrate ( epsilon =4.3, h =1.58) result has change ???
2> Port 1,2,3 design with microstrip ???.
3> I can read paper to finish project
Cheers!!

it is sold spliter fm 88 108

I hope you need to optimize the circuit.
There will be slight difference with the substrate( but is OK) if you take care till the 218 which is double the required freq then the layout effect is minimal.
So do not plan for narrow band design.
Normally WK power dividers are near 20% BW but try to optimize till 120 MHz or so.
Any way you have the freedom with the components and those values can be changed any time.
Do not worry much on layout and substrate effects aty this frequency range.

power divider 88-108 mhz

Hi kspalla!
When designning with actual schematic. i don't know to design port 1,2,3(50 ohm). impadence for calculate R,l,C is used 70.7 ohm. So, why do you give a recommend that design port.
T25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back