Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power reported in Magma is too high

Status
Not open for further replies.

chetanbs

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

The core power reported by magma for a design is around 1.1W. Is there any way where I can change the power value to say around 0.6W? I have read somewhere that this is possible. Please let me know....

Thanks in advance,
Chetan

i have joined edaboard.com recently,

you can you the following command to mentioned hard coded power value.

force cell power <design_name> <power_val_in_watts> -type core_cells -scale

and for a macro you can you the following command

force cell power <design_name> <power_val_in_watts> -down_model <lib_model>

Regards,
vikram

welcome to edaboard!!

thanks a lot for the reply!

after a bit of thinking, got that these commands do only analysis and then scale down the power if required. something like a "what-if" kind of analysis!!

would not the switching activity defined on data and clocks be too pessimistic in this case, since in real scenario, all the data nets and clock nets would not be switching at the max speed at all the instances.... can anyone throw some more light on this

Be careful to just change the power value. How do you know it is not real? I'm sure Magma is calculating the power from the models...are the models characterized properly?

Dear dudes,

In Magma,While Doing Voltage Drop analysis,Wat is use of “config cell voltage On” Command. Wat wil be the change in IR Report as wel as Timing Report By Enables this cmd???

Regards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back