Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

POWER MOSFET'S power consume in boost DC/DC converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

phosphor_zhu

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dc dc converter mosfet

Hi ,guys

I simulate the efficiency of the boost converter ,and find that the POWER

MOSFET consume about 8 percent of the whole power. Does it large ? how

can i improve this? And how can i get the spec for the driver of the POWER

MOSFET. (such as delay time , rising time falling time)

And the boost's whole power consume is 0.3Wat. the time cycle is 2us.

Please , help me . with many thanks!

power mosfet, research

i think you have to study from recent research papers

The simulation also can tell you, which kind of losses are dominant. I see no sense in guessing about possible measures without this information. Plotting either loss power (uds•id) or loss energy (∫uds•id) for one switch cycle would be instructive.

FvM said:
The simulation also can tell you, which kind of losses are dominant. I see no sense in guessing about possible measures without this information. Plotting either loss power (uds•id) or loss energy (∫uds•id) for one switch cycle would be instructive.

Hi ,FvM

Yes, I have done like that. i get the power every main component consumes. but the power consumed by inductor ,diode model can not reduce. so i think i can breach at this point.(POWER MOSFET )

Thank you ,for your attention!

The important difference is, that switching losses may be (partially) influenced by modifying the driver signal. But high MOSFET losses may also indicate an unsuitable transistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.