Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power line data communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj Shrestha

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
data power line ic

power line data communication to connect two computers through electric lines.
so that data can be transmitted and received through power lines via serial port.
so tell me how it can be done?
just tell me the detail.

power line communication ic

i think power line data communication is just a possibility of transmitting data through power cables but not an achievement in itself coz it is too costly and it offers a very high attenuation . this makes it unsuitable way of communication in comparision to other forms of available means. but anyway if u need details about it u just search "power line communication" on google and u will get lot of ideas about it .it can also be searched in the site ku.edu.np . sorry for criticizing the idea.

working with tda5051

Take a look at: "MAX2986 Integrated Powerline Digital Transceiver" in Maxim/Dallas > Products > Powerline Networking
**broken link removed**
At this moment Maxim offers KITs; try to order a couple of them and just try ..

Regards,
IanP

max2986 eval

hi
you can use this

low cost power line communication

Despite what has been posted above, Broadband Power Line (BPL or PLY in Europe) networking is a fact. On the east coast of the US, one company has already installed it and is selling to customers. There is a huge fight going on about the RF interference it causes.

For home use, there are several systems available from kits to working modules.
You shouldn't have any trouble locating what you want.

power line used as communication line

:?:I am wondering if anyone got "MAX2986 Integrated Powerline Digital Transceiver" eval kit or otherwise and can comment on their experiences.
It certainly reads like a wish list of everything you need from the spec, but isn't it a bit expensive for a lamp control for example? given the chip packaging etc..
Is it not very optimistic about speeds possible over powerline, given how arbitrary of a transmission media it is :|
I actually can't find where their eval kit is available, maybe it no longer is?

can a data can be transmitted in a power line?

hi

The easy way use TDA5051 from NXP for low cost low bit rate PLC

other wiae use X10 for seting a lamp on and off

All the best

Bobi

maxim-ic sample 2986

xaccto said:
:?:I am wondering if anyone got "MAX2986 Integrated Powerline Digital Transceiver" eval kit or otherwise and can comment on their experiences.
It certainly reads like a wish list of everything you need from the spec, but isn't it a bit expensive for a lamp control for example? given the chip packaging etc..
Is it not very optimistic about speeds possible over powerline, given how arbitrary of a transmission media it is :|
I actually can't find where their eval kit is available, maybe it no longer is?

Hi, I am Amith having more than 2 years of experience in power line communication with different ic but new to maxim 2986. and i am having an evaluation kit also. could u please help in redesigning the modem for my application.

Hi!
You can use TDA 5051 It can work with 1200 b/s.Low cost also.
Use tda and any microcontroller,interface 232 with microcontroller and connect it to pc.
You will need serial communication protocol or you can go for modbus also

Regards,
Salma

Also you may have a look at this similar topic.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.