Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Power combiner/Splitter noise fiugre (or in general noise power)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LandLack

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all,
I am reading some splitters' datasheet, but can't find any infos related to the noise (like noise figure, system temperature, etc.).
I'm sending you a link with one of the datasheet; please tell me if I'm missing something.
Also, is it realistic to think it as a filter or attenuator's situation (so the effective attenuation=noise figure)?

If there are no resistive bits in the splitter it will not generate any noise.
Frank

But there is a 3 loss: 3dB for 2x1 splitters/combiners, and 6 dB for 4x1 splitters/combiners, etc.
The link to the datasheet is missing!

Keith
You're right, thank you for hinting me :)
**broken link removed**

But there is a 3 loss: 3dB for 2x1 splitters/combiners, and 6 dB for 4x1 splitters/combiners, etc.

You're right, thank you for hinting me :)
**broken link removed**

Any lossy device adds the noise figure that equals to its loss in dB. But beware: as the other coupler or divider branch is connected somewhere, this can be a path of an interfering signal. Check for isolation and if some interfering signal can get into your low-noise reciver.

Status
Not open for further replies.