Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Pouring Polygon over internal planes in Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

MouradR

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi There,

I am designing 4-Layer PCB on Altium and having hard time in pouring polygon. Simply I have two internal planes for Vcc and GND and I want to pour polygons on each of them with the right net. But when I try to choose the right Layer which the polygon will be poured on I can not find it. All I can find the Top, Bottom and Mechanical Layers but not the GND AND Vcc planes.

Is this because I choose planes instead of layers for the internal connections ?

Cheers,
Mourad

yup...bcoz of plane..u can do copper pour only above layers..and my doubt is why r u pouring polygon above internal layer(GND n PWR)???

As kick said, you dont have to pour polygons again in a plane. The plane is already filled with copper. You can see this while you generate the gerbers.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the quick response,

I am relatively new to Altium and didn't know that there is no need to pour polygons on planes :)

Cheers,
Mourad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back