Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

position control of linear motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sima niyazi

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.
i need to have a reciprocating motion for my project.
i have a PM tubular linear dc motor and i want to use of photodiode to control the position of my motor. please help me.

Hello!

- What length?
- What resolution?
- What accuracy?
- Is it a moisty, oily, hot, dusty (etc...) environment?

Dora.

Arrange several tiny photosensors in a vertical row. Attach a label to the moving platform. The label is a binary count pattern. Each sensor sees one bit.

The label should look something like this:

binary count pattern.png

Add as many rows and sensors as necessary, to get the resolution you want.

To get such close accuracy, you'll have to make the ones bits very close together. It will require a finely detailed label.

Hello!

*15 mm
*1mm
*hot

There is something odd in the specs. You can't have a 0.01mm accuracy with a 1mm resolution.
The resolution is the space between division on your ruler. You can't measure with 0.01mm accuracy with a ruler.
Beside this, you shouldn't wait that we pull the specs out of you. You said hot. What does it mean?
If it's my office. 30 degree is hot. If it's an oven, 30 degree is almost cold.

Dora.

Reactions: kam1787

kam1787

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back