Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Porting code from AVR to STM32 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bianchi77

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys,

I want to port from AVR to STM32CubeMx...
Please correct me if I'm wrong
Code:
STM32 :
/* Exchange a byte */
static
BYTE xchg_spi (     /* Returns received data */
    BYTE dat[1]     /* Data to be sent */
)
{
    while(HAL_SPI_GetState(&hspi2) != HAL_SPI_STATE_READY);
    HAL_SPI_Receive(&hspi2,dat,1,100);
    return dat[1];
}

AVR :
/* Exchange a byte */
static
BYTE xchg_spi (     /* Returns received data */
    BYTE dat        /* Data to be sent */
)
{
    SPDR = dat;
    loop_until_bit_is_set(SPSR, SPIF);
    return SPDR;
}

Thanks

In the STM32 version of your code:
- why define 'dat' as a single element byte array; just define it as a byte variable (as is done in the AVR version)
- as 'dat' is a single element array, the ONLY valid index into that array is 'dat[0]' - check your return statement array indexing!!!!!
- if you are trying to perform an exchange (as the AVR does where it sends the 'dat' parameter value and passes back the received value from the SPI exchange) then you should use the HAL_SPI_TransmitReceive function and you really need to write the logically equivalent function and not try to blindly do a line-by-line translation.
- the parameter passing semantics are different: The AVR version passes the 'dat' parameter by value but the STM32 version passes it by reference.
Unfortunately, those are logical/programming errors and the compiler will probably not see those as errors.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.