Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Port in Ansoft Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pir0texnik

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I want to simulate a patch antenna in Ansoft Designer. I need excite it in place that is marked in picture analogously to lumpled port in HFSS or CST.
How do such thing?

Thank you!

I cannot understand the picture.So I could give any help.Could you send me the project by email?I can do a try.

burton said:
I cannot understand the picture.So I could give any help.Could you send me the project by email?I can do a try.

ok, here is the projet. i need to excite it in the center by planar port.

If you want to use Ensemble, I am sure you can find an internal port. All Planar EM simulators have this kind of port.

I hope this can help.

I think

1. the direction of red arrow should follow the direction of current flow. In the above picture, the current is not flowing into the conductors.

2. you might want to draw a rectangle that is tilted 45 degree from the horizontal axis. cut the two corners of the 90 bend so that both of them have an edge making 135 degree with the horizontal axis. define your port on the rectangle with a current or voltage direction along the 45 degree line.

3. the port is located at a higly irregular (discontinuous) region where you would see complex wave propagation behavior. So I would be mindful that any lumped port define there might be very different from your real feeding scheme. the input impedance calculated might not be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back