Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Polysilicon resistor : Stress independant layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripoo82

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, what techniques cqn I use if I want to layout a resistor in sutch a way it becomes unsensitive to stress.

I know the units must be placed in such a manner :

- |
| -

But i have nothing to confirm this. Has someone experience with this?

Use dummies and enough spacing to n-well borders.

But I am not interested in matching resistors. What I want is a resistor that stays stable, even when extra stress is applied on the package. So if I have 160 unit fingers, I place 2x40 units horizontal, and 2x40 units vertical. These two groups are placed cross quad. The number of units is chosen in sutch a way the that the final result is a perfect square. The different orientation of the units cancels out the effects of stress.

I have seen this before, but I have nothing to back it up. Maybe someone knows a paper or book that references this?

- - - Updated - - -

But I am not interested in matching resistors. What I want is a resistor that stays stable, even when extra stress is applied on the package. So if I have 160 unit fingers, I place 2x40 units horizontal, and 2x40 units vertical. These two groups are placed cross quad. The number of units is chosen in sutch a way the that the final result is a perfect square. The different orientation of the units cancels out the effects of stress.

I have seen this before, but I have nothing to back it up. Maybe someone knows a paper or book that references this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back