Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

poly width Vs current density

Status
Not open for further replies.

test_123

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
width vs current

I know the metal current density is about 1mA/um, then how about ploy current density, and how about high resistance poly current desity.

poly width

It's highly dependent on your process.

For instance, we work with processes where (depending on the metal) our metal current densities are 2 to 15 times the density you mentioned...

In order to avoid problems, I recommend you to get the data directly from the foundry owner of your process, and not something generic.

u can see the in TIPS document of ur process , the resistivty of HR poly is in kilo-ohms , so its current capacity is very less.

test_123 said:
I know the metal current density is about 1mA/um, then how about ploy current density, and how about high resistance poly current desity.

I have met this question too.

I guess the poly current desity as 0.5mA/um

So far it is ok based on the test result.

maybe 0.5mA/um for general poly is OK, but the high resistance poly should has much less current density. From the PDK doc in hand I can't find this value, then I want to know the approximate value of high poly resistance(2000 ohm unit). thanks!

1mA/um for low resistivite poly
20uA/um for high resisvite poly
I see this numbers are same for different process from diff. companies.

Usually foundry will provide these data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back