Polarization of the incident and scattered field in HFSS/CST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

romina_k_vala

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to use full polarimteric method (HH HV VV VH) in order to reconstruct the image. I'm using a mutistatic architecture and while one antenna transmits, others should receive its co/cross polarized signal.I know the theory but I don't know how to perform it in CST. I need to measure the amplitude and the phase of these signals in each location. For instance, if I sent a horizontal polarized signal as an incident field, the scattered E-field components should be vertical polarized and I should determine them where my receivers are.

Firstly, does any specific antennas should be used for this purpose or I can do it with simple open-waveguide antennas?

Secondly, I have read papers about remote sensing, SAR and through-wall-imaging and this method was used in them, however, there are all in the farfield zone. I would like to get the data from polarization in nearfield.

I would really appreciate it if you could assist me in any way

Firstly, does any specific antennas should be used for this purpose or I can do it with simple open-waveguide antennas?

OEWG probes are the general go-to for a number of good characteristics, but for your application bandwidth might be an issue. If I more bandwidth on my receiver, I'll generally go for a horn.

OEWGs are also a lot less directive, so they will be more prone to picking up multipath effects; if you need higher gain for your application (to increase SNR), I'd also go with a horn.

Thank you for your help. I also have another question. If I wanted my horn antenna to generate E-field along theta (only has E_theta), what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.