Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pls answer this query...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajhere

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
i m beginner in the dsp & matlab..
i have one query pls answer me

I have signal say x(t), (voice or any other real time signal),
y=wavread('x(t)')
when the signal(.wav file) is read, it vil b stored in the variable y..
when the file is displayed for plotting . we have amp--> time representation.
when the signal x is typed in the command window, it gives all values for each sample defined at a particular interval(default choosen by matlab), some values will be -ve, ?
the sampled values vil represent amplitude at each instant ...
the amplitude can be positive but what does -ve values indicate..?

hello

u've tried y = waveread(file)

later you've ploted plot(y)

its not amplitude first of all, its just variation in volts, which is sampled...into wav format...which u've read to 'y'

can u drop more information about this ...
i m totally confused now....

Whenever you take a signal you can't assume that it only has the positive values. you can check in the signal plot. you can find out that... the signal has the -ve values as well. so when you dispaly the signal x(t) in matlab, it will display all the sample values. its true that the signal you have entered in are in time domain. So the value of the sample can have +ve as well as -ve values. So all the values displayed on the matlab window are the signal sample amplitudes at that particular time instant. These values can be -ve or 0 or +ve.

Status
Not open for further replies.