Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plotting gain against an optimetrics variable in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogfood

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to compute the realized gain of an antenna in HFSS at a spot frequency of 5.8 GHz. I've put the dimensions of the antennas as parameters. One of the parameters is "s2_1", which starts off at 26
mm.

Screenshot-4.png
I can get the properties of the antenna using that. But I want to see how the properties of the antenna change as this variable is changed, so I set up HFSS to use optimetrics, and swept the parameter over the range 5 to 80 mm in steps of 5 mm.
Screenshot-9.png
I then want to plot the gain of the antenna against the variable s2_1. So I changed the default x-axis to show the variable s2_l
Screenshot-5.png
and changed the angle phi to be 0, as this antenna is virtually symmetrical about the z-axis.

Screenshot-7.png

I can only appear to do this for the case theta=0, phi=0, but any attempt to do it for other directions in the far-field result in it only showing the data at the default value of s2_l, so it looks like this.

Screenshot-6.png
Can anyone explain how to plot gain vs the optimetrics variable s2_l, for all values of theta, and a fixed phi of 0 degrees? So with the same x and y axis variables, but with x swept from 5 to 80 mm, and curves instead of spot values at s2_l is 26 mm.

See the attached images and the .hfss file

Attachments

• colinear.zip
    29.1 KB · Views: 85

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back