Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help me with voltage detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltz

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I really want to thank everyone in advance for the help.
I really need help or instructions on how to build a non touch voltage detector, i have seen a few different ones around online but none really fit for what im looking for . I need to build one that goes off at about 75-80 volts and would be able to send a 12volt signal to a relay. please help a guy out !!!

Is the voltage AC or DC? Is the voltage contained in a sheathed wire or exposed wire. How close do you want to be to the voltage?

I really want to thank everyone in advance for the help.
I really need help or instructions on how to build a non touch voltage detector, i have seen a few different ones around online but none really fit for what im looking for . I need to build one that goes off at about 75-80 volts and would be able to send a 12volt signal to a relay. please help a guy out !!!

Use Hall sensor for voltage (there is for AC and DC). Another solution is to use CT Current Transformer.

92acd9822ab487933d235dcb03308b8cee8d92a9_large.jpeg
That's what I need to build but one that will trigger a 12v relay
And go off of DC

I am trying to make a voltage detector but instead of a little led lighting up I want their to be enough power to kick to a 12v relay to turn on a larger one, I understand I will more that likely have to use a larger power supply and I'm fine with that.

View attachment 81700
That's what I need to build but one that will trigger a 12v relay
And go off of DC

That is RF signal detector you cant measure voltage with that. This is not suitable for your original question. You can power any device even 12V relay there is no problem, but you will not drain current for that from sensor output. Sensing circuit should have own power supply.

Like I say earlier consider usage of voltage Hall sensors.

I'm not an electrical kind of guy I'm a gear head just learning this stuff so I'm sorry for my ignorance , what's a hall sensor? Dose anyone have any schematics for this?

- - - Updated - - -

I just want to be alerted to the presents of voltage not measure it.

For sensing voltage look this :

**broken link removed**

For main circuit use µC ADC to measure and monitor receiving data, and make some output on some voltage level, like you say to activate relay coil.

Additional:

Boltz do you have mains voltage at 110V? and you want to activate some equipment on low voltage?

Last edited:

I'm going to be using a 12v power source pluged into a 110, and yes I would like to activate some 12v equipment. I REALLY appreciate your help bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back