Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Please help me to build an 8-bit microprocessor emulator using TTL logic chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuEn

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm currently building an 8-bit microprocessor using TTL logic chips. The description and requirements of the project is as below:
Project Category Prototype Design & Development
Project Title 8-bit Microprocessor Emulator
Proposed Tools TTL logic chips, Microcontroller
Project Outcome
• A discrete hardware emulator of a simple 8-bit CISC microprocessor using TTL logic chips.
• Able to run a subset of assembly code compiled on a PC and downloaded to the emulator.
• Able to display the data on the data-path of the processor.

8bit program counter and 8 bit ALU have been done, but they are separated and not connected in a data path. The ALU(two 74LS181 chips) has switches for input & control pin and 8 LEDs for results, while the PC has 555timer for timer input and 8LEDs for result display. I have found full schematic of an 4 bit TTL microprocessor design in
**broken link removed**.
Has anyone completed building an 8-bit microprocessor by expanding the design in the link given? Please help me with this. Thanks.

Thanks. I found that ages ago. But my main focus is to expand the design link shown to 8 bit microprocessor. Can anyone give me some guidance as to how to do that? Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back